Saturday 1 March 2014

Embrace that Inner goddess...Oops! I meant Inner Weirdo...

There are just too many things in this world that can make you feel beautiful and special. A simple gesture by a stranger in the train, made all the difference. I was in this pit I couldn't get myself out of, thought I was the most irresponsible creature on planet earth, saw myself in the mirror and for a moment a hag was staring back at me. There's this phase when everything that was picture perfect comes crashing down on you. That phase for me started when my mother, the woman I love the most had fractured both her legs, I had the most horrible day of my life. Even my love life had taken a turn for the worse. I had cried my eyes out in the college washroom and was returning back. Almost miserable! But something that day made me very happy like a child gets happy when he's offered candies. 


There was a little baby cushioned on a lady's lap. Babies are the most magical creatures in the world, I don't really believe in fairies, witches or any of those mystic creatures. But babies are ethereal, especially when they smile for no reason. So this baby I was gazing at, looked up at me and gave me this toothy little grin. And immediately I smiled back, grinned like an idiot almost as if I was in love! Reality took the form of tears and came rolling down my cheeks again. Oh how much I hated this outburst in public! I was almost about to close my eyes and wipe them off when the mother of the baby touched my hand and she spoke through signs and told me that 'I had a very beautiful smile!' I could feel myself beaming. This time the smile stayed for a long long time. While I walked home, every step was a reminiscence of every moment that made me feel wonderful,
That one time when I was annoyed at mom for complimenting me even without looking at me, and the way she cupped my chin in the warmth of her hands and said "To me, you will always look beautiful! Every single day." I never for a moment feel ugly or unloved after that day, a lot of times I get out of bed and as I'm running late for my lectures don't even take a bath. But I always follow the routine I'm about to mention.  I gaze into my bathroom mirror, hold a comb also known as my temporary microphone and dance up and down and singing aloud 'I'm sexy and I know it!' I feel it too.  

You'll have days when you can look like as ugly as a toad but don't fret, just don't feel like a toad or hop around like one, feel hot and become hot. (Disclaimer- DO NOT SET YOURSELF ON FIRE.) If you ever want to feel loved go give yourself a wonderful treat. Some people may find you creepy when you sit alone in Mad Over Donuts and binge on 3 to 4 Double Troubles at one go, but ignore all those dummies. Don't think twice when it comes to making yourself feel special (Unless your wallet is empty! You don't want to wash utensils after a hearty meal at a restaurant, do you? :P) Just embrace that weirdo inside your head which keeps telling you to do crazy things. These things may sound INSANE but they sure can make you feel better. I bet you will find all the happiness you need everywhere you go, and then do you find bliss. Don't be greedy. Share it with people, I would never forget that lady or her baby! :)

4 comments:

  1. wow this made me love myself.. inside out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. That's the point of writing this Medhaj! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its really nc ya!!...finding the inner WE is what we need to do..this is a perfect SHOULD READ BY ALL-wala post :D..keep writing :D

    ReplyDelete