Sunday 23 February 2014

Ruia, I Hate Tears!


A goodbye or a farewell to college is supposed to be a time when you cry your eyes out or weep pretentiously by blowing your nose with someone else's handkerchief. (I've done that too. So many times that I've lost count!) While I was a junior I prayed hard until my second year that I should be blessed with sweet and fun-loving juniors. And believe me, after I met a bunch of second and first years I knew god was happily grinning at me. There are too many wonderful gifts that this college has given me.
Now you'll have to STOP YAWNING and check out how I boast about myself. Good luck! :P

 1)So when I was in my first year I was as nervous as a fish out of water until I represented this college for the first time and did my own show with my co-host Anuja on Radio One. (Even we don't remember what we spoke then.)
 Bottomline- This college gave me the confidence I needed to blabber totally random shit.


2)As my second year passed by I learnt a thing or two about relationships. I'm a fool when it comes to them :P Love is too complicated for a weirdo like me. I mean whenever I had a crush on some guy. I would start dancing to Tharki Govinda and Salman songs like 'Oonchi hain building lift teri band hain' at home and start humming them whenever I see him. Ofcourse I try to bite my tongue when he starts talking to me.


3)Performing Arts- In my second year I joined this KICKASS team called PA. And believe me, it was the best thing that ever happened to me in my entire life span of three years in college. It introduced me to the wonderful world of hosting. It's probably one of those few things I'm really good at. Thanks to one of my closest friends Rucha from college. Then the next year i.e this year I became the co-coordinator of the team and again I was completely in love with my team. I know it sounds inappropriate when I say this, but I wish I could kiss and hug each and every member of the new Performing Arts team. I managed this amazing team with a set of even more Awesomesaucesome people like Anupa, Hridaya, Harshika, Shravan, Anondita. I grew pretty close to most of them by the end of this year. But yeh rona dhona is just not my ishtyle peeps! 


4)Meeting people like Atul Kulkarni, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Kunal Roy Kapoor, Nandita Das, Shekhar Kapur, Sorabh Pant, Sahil Bulla. ( I never knew I could talk to stars like they were my next door neighbors until I met these humble and talented people.)


5)Meeting the Bhikhari Gang- Like I said earlier, these juniors are the coolest people I have ever met. They are smart, talented and fun loving. Every thing I've always wanted in my juniors. The only unattainable dream has been to intimidate them. But looking at my stupendous personality, I don't think anyone could get intimidated. 

6) Farewell <3- I remember blackmailing Nicole and Percy(SY's) about giving us a farewell. What I expected was a room filled with random drunk/sloshed/shady people hogging on food and dancing awkwardly to Backstreet Boy songs. But when they gave us a farewell (Nicole and the Bhikhari Gang) it was one of the most craziest and amazing parties ever! Juniors if you ever need any help feel free to AVOID asking me. You need to ask sincere and serious seniors. I'm not one of them ;)


Cutting the last goodbye crap- 
You think when it's my last day in Ruia, I would cry and say bye bye to college? Hell no!Although I will definitely miss college but I would always cherish those happy moments I shared here, all those scrumptious South Indian and Chinese meals I stuffed inside my tummy and leave with a big, wide grin on my face, and a thought etched inside my heart 'Once a Ruiate, always a Ruiate!' Because I hate tears Ruia. R.U.I.A Ruia Ruia.


No comments:

Post a Comment