Saturday 15 February 2014

Atlanta's visit

I'm obsessed with novelty. It fascinates me! Especially pertaining to exploration of analogies and dichotomies. A twenty year old coveted with this urge to explore the country, the world, the network of information available to me, always on a quest of obscure information.. I'm sure it's going to be a seamless process. The one thing  I despise about adulthood is the monotony that seeps in. When I was a kid I kept asking a thousand questions, some were as awkward as 'Why do adults need a diaper?' (I was told that sanitary napkins are diapers for adults.) or as absurd as 'Why was I a bald  baby?" (Reason-I couldn't tell the difference between my baby butt and my bulbous baby head!) When my dog was sick and I was alone at home, my dog trainer was almost about to resign after he had a tete-a-tete with me. I was as curious as a child on a Christmas morning. 

Now I'm still the same, haven't changed a bit. But  all I have to do everytime I need an answer is ask Google Baba. But then there are questions which are less Googleable. For example- What am I doing with my life? How will I ever be  someone I've always wanted to be? My SWOT analysis told me that I have abundant curiosity. But I have too many fears. I'm too pragmatic to believe I can fulfill all the 567 wishes on my bucket list ( Started writing it when I was 17). 

Every abstraction that we feel while we worship god is hidden deep within us. Even those traits that gods posses are a part of our preconsicous thoughts. I've always wanted to be an explorer, one of my favorite Disney princesses was Pocahontas! Infact every person who wants to question, understand and seminate knowledge is a disciple of Atlanta. Who is she? She was a goddess of Independence and Adventure. 
A huntress and warrior. She is in every inquisitive person. 

Reading is a mode of travel in my opinion. You traverse into a different world altogether, even have some intellectually stimulating conversations with the writers( irrespective of the century they belong to).
 If you have seen Midnight in Paris, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. One thought can break into a spectrum of innovative ideas. One stranger can enlighten you in more than a million ways. One movie or book can inspire you in a thousand different ways or help you gain a whole new perspective. Every mind boggling experience, be it an intellectual adventure or a physical one is a favorable contribution to your personality . 
As you reach a phase when you are too old to read, travel or indulge in any other intellctually orgasmic activities, you realize there are too many things you love about yourself. This does not in the least mean that your ego grows into the size of the Amazon river! But it means that you know yourself well enough to be confident, narrating experiences and stating facts from that giant reservoir of knowledge that your mind turns into. Curiosity was never dead. It's alive in every mind. All we need to do is nudge it now and then. As for me, I know I'm still trying to fnd myself  and I'm already in love with every wee bit I know about myself. Learning to live better, love better. 

1 comment: